The hotel “Schloss Groß Plasten” comprises the castle, which was first mentioned in 1790, a coachman's house, a residential building, a garage and a warehouse. In the past, the castle was used as a hospital, a soldiers' accommodation and a refugee shelter during the 2nd World War. Until the 1990s, it was used as an educational facility. Since 1995, the castle has been operated as a hotel with 54 individually furnished rooms. The spacious lakeside property, just over 4.2ha in size, lies directly on the shores of Lake Klein Plasten. In addition to an extensive park with an herb garden, the property has a large spa area, 2 F&B outlets and 2 event locations that reflect the magnificent nature of the castle.